We all know that when it comes to planning a wedding there are so many dates and lists and things to do we may forget to take care of ourselves. No need to look any further for a solution. One of our stylists Fatima has this fantastic mask that is so simple and quick that you’ll able to pamper yourself even with planning your big day!
Take 1 Tablespoon of honey and mix it with one Tablespoon of milk. Apply to your face and leave it on for about 10 minutes then wash with warm water. As well as pampering yourself this mask makes skin smooth and can help with discoloration and help brighten your complexation.
In keeping with our theme this month of fighting and preventing dry flaky skin, Amanda has a fantastic tip for us! And it’s perfect for those who love DIY beauty! So, we can all be honest and say that we do not like dry and flaky skin. It makes makeup look patchy, it’s uncomfortable and sometimes it makes it hard to put our best face forward (quite literally). Exfoliators can help this problem tremendously and best part is, you can make this one right at home! Just combine sugar and fresh lemon juice together until it makes a paste. Then massage onto your face in little circles, concentrating more in the spots that may be more dry and flaky, and then wash off! It’s easy to make, inexpensive, smells amazing and you can use it as a body scrub as well to really fight off dry skin!
It can be frustrating when dealing with already dry skin and then trying product after product that say they will help but then never do. And I’m sure most of us wish our face wash was as hydrating as our moisturizer (I know I do). Well thanks to Micky our search for this perfect product is now over! Embryolisse Foaming Cream-Milk (Lait-Creme Moussant) is a soap-free wash that cleans and refreshes your skin instead of leaving your skin dry and crying out for moisture. This product is also great because it’s sensitive enough for all skin types! Thanks to Micky we’re able to get the best of both worlds!
Is your skin looking a little dull or lifeless? One of our stylists Kris suggests trying an exfoliating face wash once or twice a week. She says “it’s important to slough off dead skin cells to speed up cell renewal. New cells mean glowing and radiant skin!” Make sure to use an exfoliator with perfectly round beads, not with apricot shell, sugar, etc. These washes can actually tear your pores due to jagged edges. She recommends using Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. This cleanser utilizes microbeads to physically exfoliate your skin as well using alpha and beta hydroxy acids to exfoliate and speed up cell renewal. It is gentle enough to use twice a week for oily skin and once a week for normal skin. Bonus to using this scrub: it will help eliminate and prevent breakouts!
You never know how your body or skin will react. Waxing, facials, or any other type of beauty service that is not a part of your routine should be done with enough time in advance, we suggest two weeks. This way if your skin swells or reacts in a poor way you it has enough time to return to normal before your big day. It’s your special day the last thing you need to worry about is your skin not looking perfect!
Is your skin dry during winter? Try these tips from Babydoll Weddings stylist Charly to soften and moisturize your skin in these cold temps!
1) Rough and extra-dry skin often occurs typically on the upper arms. Use a lotion with a salicylic acid that exfoliates dead skin which will noticeably reduce appearance of bumps.
2) Rather than repeatedly washing hands with soap and water which dries out skin faster which results in chapping and patched hands. Welcome wipe-off soap free cleansers and/or hand sanitizers alcohol free but when washing hands utilize a moisturizing soap free cleansers or hydrating anti-bacterial gel. Don’t forget to lather a generous amount of lotion on after washing hands.
3) Wearing cotton gloves over creamed/ lotioned hands for an hour can soften skin. It acts as a barrier by trapping moisture.
4) By adding honey to your scrub will reduce inflammation and sugar increases circulation, apply this to stubborn dry patches on elbows and knees. Helpful during winter season when skin is deprived of moisture.
5) To moisture your skin, try 12%lactic acid lotion apply on arms and/or legs. If your skin looks scally we recommend taking a milk bath this does not only drastically moisturizes but exfoliates the skin resulting in smoother skin.
6) Before bedtime gently buff calluses with a pumice stone or hydrating scrub after buffing apply a thick buttery moisturizer while feet are damp. Wear socks overnight. Resulting in smoother and softer feet.
Let us know in the comments below what your favorite way to combat winter dryness is!