After working in weddings for some time now and attending my share of weddings as a guest I have come to realize that the food is probably the most talked about portion of the wedding; under the bride’s dress of course. With food being a very important topic we felt it was necessary to shine a light on Special Moments Catering for this Friendor Friday! To find out more about this great company and all the delicious food they make; read more below!
Meagan and Matt were just married this year
in January and the first thing
we have to do when we receive
the pictures is post them on to the blog.
Their wedding had beautiful pops of color and
you can tell the rooms were filled with love. Read more below!
Whether you are planning on taking your honeymoon soon or have decided to have a destination wedding or even just a vacation, the experts at Babydoll Weddings are here to help in letting you know the best beauty products to take with you. No one wants to spend time on their hair and makeup on vacation so we have products that will save you time but still help you look your very best!
- Moisturizer/Primer: Embryolisse is a favorite of the Babydoll Weddings stylist. We love it because it’s two products in one. It’s an amazing face moisturizer but is also a primer. Using a primer before applying your foundation will ensure even and flawless coverage as well as helping your makeup last hours which is perfect for tropical/humid locations.
- Dry Shampoo: This is a hair saver whether on vacation or a part of your day to day routine. If you don’t have the time to wash your hair or for those who are so lucky, have been at the beach all day then spray into roots/scalp rub in and in no time at all your hair is ready to go. One of the brands we love is Moroccanoil. Their dry shampoo helps your hair feel fresh as well as providing volume!
- Waterproof Mascara: There is a high chance that your honeymoon, destination wedding or vacation will involve some water activity. Waterproof mascara is a staple for those moments where you do not want your mascara to run and these moments are perfect for it. Another great point of waterproof mascara is you can add a little bit more to freshen up the lashes and add extra volume for a night out.
- Highlighter: To keep your newly married or vacation glow, use a highlighter or bronzer with shimmer in it. Apply this to the upper part of your cheek bone, your upper lip under your nose and also the shins of your legs. One of the favorites is Nars Highlighers; they come in an array of colors with just the right amount of sparkle.
- Perfume Pens: When traveling I hate to bring my bottles of perfume with me because they always need to be checked and I’m terrified of them being broken. In the last few years I have discovered the wonderful perfume pens that many retailers offer in an array of brands and scents. My favorite is Marc Jacobs Daisy, light and hints of floral make it a great fragrance for summer, destination weddings and honeymoons!
Planning a wedding no matter if you are doing it yourself or have a planner to help, it is stressful. There are so many dates to remember and appointments to keep track of that it all can be a bit overwhelming. Yes, it will all be worth it when you exchange the “I do’s” but until then we have a great tip on how to relax and take a break from the craziness of life and planning a wedding and it is as simple as taking a soak in the tub.
We suggest doing this once a week but even once a month will make a world of difference. Fill your tub with the desired warmth of water that is most comfortable to you. Throw in a handful of Epsom salt, 10 drops of lavender essential oil and half a cup of baking soda and soak for 20 minutes. By adding this mixture into your bath and soaking for 20 minutes will help draw out toxins, helps lower your stress related hormones and helps balance PH levels. And a big plus, the lavender essential oil helps make your skin sound lovely. My favorite time to do this is right before bed. I’m relaxed and a little sleepy and lavender always helps me sleep well!
You’ll be more relaxed and hopefully energized the next day, ready to get more planning done and check those items off of your to-do list!
Here at Babydoll Weddings the work and play never stop! Among the busy wedding season we were invited to participate in a gown shoot for Arizona Weddings’ newest issue (on news stands). It was a treat to be able to work some of the best wedding professionals in the industry as well as being able to have fun with them at the drop party a few weeks later. We are so excited to feature some of our favorites from that shoot and being able to show off the marvelous work of our artists and of those of all the vendors that were a part of the team.
With inspiration taken from the Spanish Colonial mixed with soft pinks and greens and a touch of some classic elements made this styled shoot a joy to be a part of. If you are a bride with more of a classic taste but still wanting a touch of bright colors or is wanting more of subtle details than you will be in love with everything about this shoot! Read more below!
As some of you may know the past three months for Babydoll Weddings has been quite hectic. With weddings, events and photoshoots; we’ve barely had time to breathe. Now we’ve been able to sit back, take a breath and dig into all of the newest issues of the magazines, look at all of the submitted wedding photos and the all of the gorgeous shots from the photo shoots. We have chosen our favorite shots from the photoshoot we were able to participate in for AZ Finest Weddings magazine at The Carefree Resort and we are so excited to share them with you!
Shots filled with deep oranges and soft pinks set against a beautiful backdrop of cacti and desert scenery made for a dreamy desert wedding. Delicate lace sleeves on a floor length gown and details of pearls and twine really made this styled shoot a mix of desert and romance. It was so hard to pick our favorites! Read more below and be sure to pick up a copy of the magazine today!
Summer is officially here and we all know what that means; sun, sandals, pool days and vacation! All of which are reasons to get those feet in tip top summer shape. Some of us are religious with pedicures while others are not (I am not…). But I have found a way to keep my feet summer smooth in between pedicures. And yes it may sound like a weird combination of ingredients but it works!
All you need is 1 cup of Listerine; you can use any of the flavors but I prefer the blue. 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of “boiling” hot water. I prefer a temperature slightly below boiling, as long as it’s hot. Soak feet for about 20 minutes in the mixture. Which is the perfect amount of time to catch up n your favorite show, a good book or your social media! After the 20 minutes are up, rinse and all of the dead skin wipes right off. Perfect way to help those dry feet when you can’t squeeze a pedicure into your busy life!
We had the great privilege of being a part of a styled shoot at the CopperWynd Resort thanks to Arizona Weddings. It is such a wonderful thing to work with such talented and kind individuals in the wedding industry. StepOnMe Photography captured all of these gorgeous shots with a stunning backdrop of the McDowell Mountains and with details of desert plants, gold and a lace gown to die for; needless to say it is a styled shoot bursting with inspiration for a desert wedding.
This month’s Real Bride had a beautiful wedding almost two years ago and
had some great pops of classic elements and some bright colors!
Read more below!
Something New Media has been one of preferred vendors for the longest time and it is so easy to refer someone who is so incredibly talented and kind. We are always so excited when one of our brides was referred to us by Something New Media or it was a happy coincidence that we have the same bride; either way we know how great their videos are going to be! Read more about the creative team behind Something New Media.