So, your big day is approaching and you’ve already gone through hundreds of Pinterest and Google Image posts of the amazing hair you want. The problem— your hair texture or length just wouldn’t make your desired look possible. The solution— clip in hair extensions!
Many brides show us inspiration pictures of amazing, thick, luscious, long and layered hair they want for their wedding. Often times, her hair isn’t long enough or thick enough for the style she desires but, thanks to clip-in hair extensions, we can make her dream a reality.
What are clip-in hair extensions?
Clip-in extensions come in a variety of lengths, textures and colors. There is a difference in extensions available on the market and we never suggest you go into a purchase blindly. Synthetic extensions often look very similar to real hair extensions but you can’t apply heat to synthetic extensions. This means no curling iron, flat iron or blow dryer.
Clip-ins are super easy to use. Each piece of hair weft is attached to a small clip that, when placed on your scalp and draped with your real hair, looks like a fuller version of your own hair!
A professional hair stylist or someone familiar with them can put them in for you. Once you start using them often, you’ll get the hang of it and be able to do them yourself. It’s really that simple.
Budget wise–a good idea?
Real human hair extensions are very popular and, believe it or not, they’re incredibly affordable. Some opt for the best quality hair (this can be upwards of $1,200) which is often “virgin” hair. This means the hair has never been dyed or chemically processed. It’s naturally beautiful, thick and healthy. This hair tends to keep its high quality longer than more inexpensive hair. Basically, you get what you pay for.
You can still get great quality hair without breaking your bank, though. Real human hair extensions are available for as little as $160. If you aren’t sure you want to add extensions to your daily beauty regimen, Babydoll Weddings offers the option to rent extensions your big day. Available at a fraction of the purchase cost, our extensions are high-quality and available in an array of colors (specialty colors are not available for rental). Be sure to ask our Bridal Liaison about extension rental or talk with your stylist at your trial.
Who really uses them?
Extensions are seriously the biggest beauty secret ever. So many women sport clip-in hair extensions on a daily basis. Especially celebrities. Extensions often provide an additional layer of self-confidence as your hair is lush and voluminous.
Interested in a quick pick me up or style change whether for your wedding day or every day? Clip-in extensions are such a simple and affordable fix, it’s no surprise that so many women wear them. It may be the quick fix you desire for your big day!
“When we think of Valentine’s Day, we think about luscious lips. What babydoll doesn’t want kissable lips for Valentine’s Day? There’s nothing more seductive and glamorous than sexy red lips! That is, of course, if we take the right approach. No blue tints, no orange hints – using a TRUE RED lip color is the key! But a good, true red lipstick can be hard to find so we hit the MAC counter to find the perfect shade. We know, our job is sooooo hard!
MAC’s Ruby Woo lipstick is one of the best “Reds” you could ever find. Matte, velvety and long lasting, it is a must-have in any makeup artist’s kit. Wonderful for Runway, and Bridal Makeup as well.
To stir things up, dress it up with MAC Lustreglass in LustreWhite. This will make your lips sparkle like crystal cherries! Or, for irresistible gloss and shine, glaze it up with MAC VivaGlamLipglass in Rihanna. Your lips will glisten into the night!
I don’t wear a lot of makeup normally and I am afraid that I am going to look overly made up on my wedding day. How can I avoid this? – Jessica
How To Look Natural
Now days, a lot of girls are going for a natural look rather than a heavily made up finish. This is because, while we want to look gorgeous, we still want to look like ourselves. The last thing we want is to look back at the photos in a few years time and think “what the hell was I thinking!” when it all seemed like a good idea at the time. Looking natural doesn’t mean you need to look washed out! A good makeup artist should be able to identify your features and enhance them without looking too over the top. She should be able to give you a beautified version of you, instead of looking like someone else. Here are some tips to help you on your way.
Eyes You can never go wrong with neutral colors. Try to avoid from electric blues, apple greens and hot pinks. Even though they might be in fashion at the moment, save it for the Club. It’s not the kind of look you want for your wedding day.
Cheeks Don’t overdo the bronzer. Some brides like to go heavy on this product, but try not go crazy with it! You want to look as effortless as possible. You should be aiming to have a sunkissed look. I would suggest adding a touch of pink or peach to give you that healthy glow and avoid looking too orange and overdone.
Lips Vintage is back, so bright red is in, baby. Try and have only 1 strong feature to stand out, meaning if you have smokey eyes, go for natural lips. Natural eyes with eyeliner are perfect with a classic red lipstick. We love Mac’s Diva-Red.
Classic Romantic Makeup Looks That Are Swoon Worthy
I absolutely love it when our favorite wedding photographers email us GORGEOUS wedding photos of our brides…and dolls, this one is rocking my soul so hard. This classic romantic makeup look has me swooning!
Our makeup artist Sabrina did the makeup for this wedding and everything came together so beautifully. Enjoy this tasty treat on your Thursday morning.
You don’t have to be a bride to want your makeup to go the distance. We all cringe when we look in the mirror at 3pm and see our freckles have popped through our foundation, our mascara is shadowing our lower lashes and our lipstick is (gasp) gone! Here are some great tips you can do to make your makeup sweat, shine and hug proof for the big day and every day beyond.
1. Clean, hydrated skin. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. If you apply makeup to dry, un-moisturized skin, chances are your base will come off sooner and look uneven. The makeup or primer needs something to cling to!
2. Primer. A primer isn’t only there to make you makeup look fresh, it also helps keep your makeup on longer. Often primers double as mattifiers and pore minimizers so you can eliminate shine while giving your makeup a great surface to sit on. (Tip: primer needs to settle before makeup is applied so wait a few minutes before makeup application).
3. Foundation that works for your skin type. Foundations are not all created equal and some are built to last longer than others (Tip: to create a longer lasting base, spray your foundation brush or sponge with a setting spray before applying).
The Eyes Have It
4. Eye Primers or Cream Eye shadows. Wedding makeup is expected to last up to 15 hours. Avoid creased eye shadow by applying a primer made for the eyes or a long lasting cream eye shadow. The primers create a crease-free surface for your shadow to sit on and should make your eye makeup bullet proof. (Tip: eye primers need an oil based eye makeup remover to remove as they are built to stay).
5. Powder. You don’t need bucket loads of powder to make your makeup last, but you do need the right kind. Powders that are made to absorb oil and are color free are fantastic for long wear. Too much pressed powder can result in a cakey look so go easy.
6. Lips. If a bold lip is what you’re going for, use a long lasting or liquid lipstick. These tend to be matte and stay on for longer. A stain under gloss can also help it to last and high shine over nude lips will always give you more lip time. (Tip: Do carry a gloss and lipstick with you for touch-ups. Lips are the one thing that always need touching up).
7. Setting spray. Use a setting spray as insurance that your makeup will still look flawless even at the end of the night (Tip: hairspray is not a setting spray!)
8. Look after it. Maintain your look! If it’s a hot day and you’re sweating, use a tissue to blot down. If you are a crier, use a folded tissue or handkerchief and catch the tears before they hit your face. (Tip: Allocate a bridesmaid to be on makeup duty and have them remind you to touch up lips or de-shine throughout the day).
With these tips, you’ll have a makeup that lasts the day and long into the night.