Love the look of extensions, but not quite sure how to take care of them? Stylist Charly shares with us her tips for proper hair extension maintenance. You should research hair extensions and products specifically for your hair type. The key for lasting and vibrant hair extension is maintenance. Using a soft bristle brush start at the ends and work inwards for better detangling. Detangling the hair gently will help avoid damage and breakage. Make sure to regularly wash your hair extension will help keep the hair clean and easier to style.
Seven simple steps for washing hair extensions:
- Detangle dry hair.
- When shampooing, shampoo in a downward position to avoid further tangling
- Rinse gently with cool water.
- Dry hair using a dabbing technique with a soft towel.
- Use a wide tooth comb gently detangle hair.
- Work a light weight leave-in conditioner product into the hair from mid-shaft to ends.
- Use a soft bristle brush detangle hair.
For best results (time allowing), let the hair extensions dry naturally. If you are in a hurry, you can dry it with a hair dryer on the lowest heat setting. Once dry, style as usual!