Classic Romantic Makeup Looks That Are Swoon Worthy
I absolutely love it when our favorite wedding photographers email us GORGEOUS wedding photos of our brides…and dolls, this one is rocking my soul so hard. This classic romantic makeup look has me swooning!
Our makeup artist Sabrina did the makeup for this wedding and everything came together so beautifully. Enjoy this tasty treat on your Thursday morning.
You don’t have to be a bride to want your makeup to go the distance. We all cringe when we look in the mirror at 3pm and see our freckles have popped through our foundation, our mascara is shadowing our lower lashes and our lipstick is (gasp) gone! Here are some great tips you can do to make your makeup sweat, shine and hug proof for the big day and every day beyond.
1. Clean, hydrated skin. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. If you apply makeup to dry, un-moisturized skin, chances are your base will come off sooner and look uneven. The makeup or primer needs something to cling to!
2. Primer. A primer isn’t only there to make you makeup look fresh, it also helps keep your makeup on longer. Often primers double as mattifiers and pore minimizers so you can eliminate shine while giving your makeup a great surface to sit on. (Tip: primer needs to settle before makeup is applied so wait a few minutes before makeup application).
3. Foundation that works for your skin type. Foundations are not all created equal and some are built to last longer than others (Tip: to create a longer lasting base, spray your foundation brush or sponge with a setting spray before applying).
The Eyes Have It
4. Eye Primers or Cream Eye shadows. Wedding makeup is expected to last up to 15 hours. Avoid creased eye shadow by applying a primer made for the eyes or a long lasting cream eye shadow. The primers create a crease-free surface for your shadow to sit on and should make your eye makeup bullet proof. (Tip: eye primers need an oil based eye makeup remover to remove as they are built to stay).
5. Powder. You don’t need bucket loads of powder to make your makeup last, but you do need the right kind. Powders that are made to absorb oil and are color free are fantastic for long wear. Too much pressed powder can result in a cakey look so go easy.
6. Lips. If a bold lip is what you’re going for, use a long lasting or liquid lipstick. These tend to be matte and stay on for longer. A stain under gloss can also help it to last and high shine over nude lips will always give you more lip time. (Tip: Do carry a gloss and lipstick with you for touch-ups. Lips are the one thing that always need touching up).
7. Setting spray. Use a setting spray as insurance that your makeup will still look flawless even at the end of the night (Tip: hairspray is not a setting spray!)
8. Look after it. Maintain your look! If it’s a hot day and you’re sweating, use a tissue to blot down. If you are a crier, use a folded tissue or handkerchief and catch the tears before they hit your face. (Tip: Allocate a bridesmaid to be on makeup duty and have them remind you to touch up lips or de-shine throughout the day).
With these tips, you’ll have a makeup that lasts the day and long into the night.
Dolls, I’m going to let you in on a little secret…. whether you’re a makeup pro or novice, applying liquid eyeliner can be tricky, if not a total nightmare. And trying to perfect the winged liner look can be the most frustrating beauty trick you’ve tried. Believe it or not, you can actually achieve this look without a steady hand. The secret to a perfect look is actually a common household object – scotch tape.
This idea honestly isn’t new but we have so many gals ask us how to get this perfect look that this is a perfect post to share!
All you need is:
– Eyeliner of choice (if you’re a liquid eyeliner virgin, opt for a liner pen or marker)
–Scotch Tape (but any tape will do)
–Cotton balls & makeup remover
– A black eye pencil
1. Apply an inch-long piece of Scotch Tape under your bottom lash line at the corner of your eye, at an angle towards your temple. How you apply your tape will determine the shape of your feline flick/cat eye.
2. Next take your eyeliner and apply it as close to the root of your upper lash line as possible and into the inner corner of your eye. I personally find resting my little finger on my face helps to steady my hand.
3 & 4. Using the Scotch Tape as a guide, continue applying liner along the tape (mess isn’t an issue!). Then bring the eyeliner back towards your lash line in a triangle shape and fill it in. Remember liquid liner starts thin towards the inner tear duct and gradually widens and comes to a sharp point at the end of the flick.
5. Now gently remove the tape (but make sure the eyeliner is dry first) to reveal a smooth and straight feline flick.
6. Go over the eyeliner if required and clean up your under eye area with a cotton bud and a little makeup remover.
7. Next tightline your upper water line (without jabbing yourself in the eye). This will define your lash line and fill in the visible space.
8. Polish the look by applying a few coats of mascara. But remember it’s all about the liner not the lashes!
9. And voilà! You’ve mastered the sticky trick for perfect winged eyeliner!
The last thing we want in the heat of summer is heavy, clumpy makeup so many of us lighten our beauty routine to a more natural look. Lashes, however, are a year-round necessity. Our experts put together these five tips to ensure that you get perfect eyelashes without going to the expense of extensions.
1. Eyelash curlers are a must.
Lash curlers are optimal to getting that “wow” factor. Not all curlers are alike, though, so be sure to choose one that creates a beautiful upward curl. With a delicate motion, move from the lash base upward for maximum results. And always curl before applying mascara, not after. We love the glamorous curls you get with Shiseido’s curler. Silicon pad curls from base to tip and includes one replacement pad.
2. Rest between mascara applications.
Patience is a virtue. Give your lashes a little bit of drying time between each coat. This will allow the mascara to set allowing you to add volume with each coat.
3. Comb your lashes.
We don’t know about you but we hate clumpy lashes. To avoid this, use a metal-toothed lash comb. Wait a few seconds after applying your coat of mascara and then brush through your lashes. Once dry, apply your next coat and repeat. Try the Lift Off Lash Comb for a refined look.
4. Stick with one brand.
Mixing brands (layering one over the other) can lead to clumping as not all formulas are made to blend. Should you decide to experiment, keep your lash comb close by to catch any potential clumps.
5. Condition your lashes.
Just like your hair, your lashes need a little TLC. Lash conditioners work as a primer, creating a good foundation for mascara. Growth treatments like Latisse stimulate the eyelash growth cycle, making it longer, so lashes come in longer, darker and thicker,” but you must stick with the regime to see results. Full results take within 2-3 months, while improvements show within 4 weeks.
Wedding season is here and we could not be more excited; especially with all of the fun spring makeup trends. Because one of them is a big bold lip we wanted to share with you on how to keep those lips smooth from morning to night. Perfect tip for your wedding day or a night on the town! Start by prepping your lips with a lip scrub. You can use a store bought such as Fresh’s Sugar Lip Polish or there are plenty of DIY recipes out there; either or scrub works great! Next you’ll want to apply some hydrating balm or serum to those lips! One of our personal favorites is MUFE’s Hydrating Elixir (it can be used for eyes or face). Next comes the lip primer. This will give your lip product something to adhere to other than your lips. Then continue with your liner, lipstick and or gloss. And lastly and also incredibly important, blot. And to give the lips a crisp clean outline follow with a clean blended line of concealer in the cupids bow of the upper lip and under the bottom lip. Perfect tips for perfect lips!
Amanda is fabulous when it comes to makeup and this week she shares with us how to achieve a wide eye look that can change your appearance from sleepy to alert in merely 3 seconds flat!
Everybody wants that wide eye look and many people will line their water line with a white liner to fake it. This can end up looking too harsh however. To accomplish a more natural look use a beige or nude colored liner! Simple, right? Let us know what other tricks you use to appear more awake in the comments below or on Facebook!