A makeup and hair trial is a great way to make sure you get your makeup and hair the exact way you want it for your wedding. It’s a great time to get to know your stylist before the big day. It gives you time to make big decisions like do you prefer an up-do or to wear your hair down. Do you prefer traditional makeup or airbrush. It’s that kind of interaction and feedback with your stylist that will make you feel more confident when you meet again on your wedding date.
After getting your makeup and hair done go hang out in different light (afternoon, night), take pictures, and let friends see it. That way you can see what it will look like at different times, and in pictures and you’ll be even more excited about it!
Whether you are planning on taking your honeymoon soon or have decided to have a destination wedding or even just a vacation, the experts at Babydoll Weddings are here to help in letting you know the best beauty products to take with you. No one wants to spend time on their hair and makeup on vacation so we have products that will save you time but still help you look your very best!
Moisturizer/Primer: Embryolisse is a favorite of the Babydoll Weddings stylist. We love it because it’s two products in one. It’s an amazing face moisturizer but is also a primer. Using a primer before applying your foundation will ensure even and flawless coverage as well as helping your makeup last hours which is perfect for tropical/humid locations.
Dry Shampoo: This is a hair saver whether on vacation or a part of your day to day routine. If you don’t have the time to wash your hair or for those who are so lucky, have been at the beach all day then spray into roots/scalp rub in and in no time at all your hair is ready to go. One of the brands we love is Moroccanoil. Their dry shampoo helps your hair feel fresh as well as providing volume!
Waterproof Mascara: There is a high chance that your honeymoon, destination wedding or vacation will involve some water activity. Waterproof mascara is a staple for those moments where you do not want your mascara to run and these moments are perfect for it. Another great point of waterproof mascara is you can add a little bit more to freshen up the lashes and add extra volume for a night out.
Highlighter: To keep your newly married or vacation glow, use a highlighter or bronzer with shimmer in it. Apply this to the upper part of your cheek bone, your upper lip under your nose and also the shins of your legs. One of the favorites is Nars Highlighers; they come in an array of colors with just the right amount of sparkle.
Perfume Pens: When traveling I hate to bring my bottles of perfume with me because they always need to be checked and I’m terrified of them being broken. In the last few years I have discovered the wonderful perfume pens that many retailers offer in an array of brands and scents. My favorite is Marc Jacobs Daisy, light and hints of floral make it a great fragrance for summer, destination weddings and honeymoons!
A few years ago we had the pleasure of participating in a styled shoot (at Regency Gardens) with all of the dresses provided by La Bella Bridal. We were able to see the variety of dresses and designers they offer and our jaws kept dropping when a new dress was presented. Fast forward to today where we are more than happy to shine the Friendor Spotlight on La Bella Bridal! Read more about this boutique below.
This week’s beauty secret is one from the pro’s as well as a product suggestion from the pros. Micky, one of our dolls is the person I go to for all makeup tips and advice and questions; she is knowledgable and is always able to help me! I noticed the other day that my foundation is not staying matte all day like I prefer it. Instead my oily complexation is taking over and I’m not too pleased. So of course I went to Micky. She suggested spraying a foundation brush or a beauty blender (which ever you prefer to use in your routine) with a setting spray.
Her favorite is the setting spray by Makeup Forever (and I must admit I can see why. This setting spray has worked the best out of the other two I have used and keeps my makeup matte, just the way I like it.) but you can use whatever setting spray works for you.
Once the brush or blender has been sprayed go about using your foundation. By using the setting spray before applying foundation ensures it will be long lasting and also help with a more even complexion. You of course can use some after the application like the directions suggest but by using it before really makes it long lasting.
You can also use this trick with your eyeshadow brush. This definitely will help if your eyelids are oily and your eyeshadow or eyeliner likes to crease toward the end of the day (I will raise my hand because this is a huge problem for me But now fixed thanks to Micky). I am in love with this tip; especially now with it getting a little hotter out and having to make sure my makeup doesn’t run. With this trick I don’t have to worry!
You may be focusing on keeping in shape and eating healthy for your big day as well as being bikini ready for the honeymoon! While your body needs all of those excellent and healthy foods there’s also another part that needs them too; your hair! Certain foods hold super powers sort of speak that not only help you be and feel healthy, they can also help your hair (and skin and nails) be and feel healthy as well! Below is a list of the top 5 best foods to start eating a few weeks before the wedding day for luscious locks and healthy insides!
1. Eggs Eggs have a great source of Biotin (an important B vitamin) that helps hair grow long and strong. But do not skip the yolk, the yolk has all of the nutrition so make sure not to skip out on the most important part of the egg!
2. Salmon Salmon is filled with omega 3 fatty acids that can help hair stay shiny, hydrated and nourished which is exactly what you’re looking for on you
3. Lean Protein Hair is made of protein so when there is a lack of protein in the diet the body will start to ration what’s left of the protein which can lead to hair loss. Stop the loss by incorporating good lean proteins into your diet such as grilled chicken and lean turkey. These lean proteins will also give you the iron needed for healthier hair as well!
4. Tomatoes Tomatoes are filled with antioxidants that can aid in scalp circulation which can help in hair growth. Such an easy veggie to incorporate into your meals. Throw some in salad or on a sandwich or my favorite; adding them to a cold pasta salad!
5. Bell Peppers Bell Peppers are probably one of my favorite veggies. Great with hummus or sautéed for a great stir fry and great for your hair! They offer tons of Vitamin C (even more than oranges) which prevents hair from having a brittle texture and can also prevent breakage. Vitamin C is also crucial for iron absorption so while you’re enjoying your lead proteins make sure to add some bell peppers into the dish to really benefit from what you’re eating!
A bride who feels her best looks her best and I’m sure these five foods
will not only make you feel good they’ll also help your hair feel good!