Six Month Planning Countdown
Pre-wedding tips to stay organized and keep stress to a minimum.
- Start a skin care regime with scheduling your first facial with an esthetician who can help you with a skin care plan.
- Start a hair care regime to ensure your hair is silky, smooth and looking it’s best. The stylists at Babydoll Hair are knowledgeable about the best ways to make sure your locks are wedding day ready.
- Time to order your dress and accessories – veil, shoes and anything for hair such as flowers, clips or combs.
- Choose a baker and order your wedding cake as well as your groom’s cake (if you choose).
- Begin bi-weekly manicures and pedicures. This is the best time to try something new like a gel manicure or acrylic tips.
- Book your hair and makeup trial as well as your day of services with the Beauty Liaison at Babydoll Weddings. Do not forget any wedding party members and relatives.
- Start researching hairstyles you would like to try during your trial. Pinterest is a great resource.
- If you are interested in getting a wax for the wedding day and/or honeymoon and have never had a wax before, now is the time to try it out. This way you can avoid an adverse reaction to the wax. Please keep in mind it is best to have 3-4 weeks of hair growth for the best results.
- Start confirming your ceremony details.
- Confirm details with your florist, venue, and entertainers and with the Beauty Liaison at Babydoll Weddings.
- Have your hair and makeup trial with a stylist at Babydoll Weddings. This allows enough time before the wedding if you want to try a new style but it is close enough to keep your look fresh in your service providers mind.
- Schedule final dress fitting for you and the bridal party.
- Start growing out hair for a final wax appointment before the wedding.
- Schedule and receive a deep conditioning treatment as well as touching up color and/or highlights.
- Receive your final facial.
- Find out about gown, bouquet and/or cake preservation.
- Break in wedding shoes at home. Scuff the bottoms and make sure to walk around in them so you’ll be able to dance all night.
- Meet with your photographer and videographer and let them know a list of the must take shots.
- Receive your final wax services before the wedding and honeymoon
- Host a bridesmaids’ party. Chances are not everyone knows everyone so games like “Three Truths and a Lie” or “How Did You Meet The Bride” are great ice breakers.
- Give assignments and timelines to wedding party members. Remind them of times of rehearsals and dinners as well the time of their hair and makeup service with Babydoll Weddings. Our Beauty Liaison will provide you with a timeline to give to all of your wedding party members the day of.
- Review other timelines and details with other vendors.
- And if you and your future hubby need a break from all of the planning, get a couples’ massage.
- Go for your manicure and pedicure.
- Prepare tip envelopes and arrange for someone to distribute them the day of.
- Attend ceremony rehearsal.
- Eat breakfast.
- Get your hair and makeup done. And we do suggest that these be your only services you receive on your wedding day.
- Get dressed.
- Switch your engagement ring to your right hand.
- Take a breath.
- Get married.
- Live happily ever after!